We are looking for an administrative assistant to join the team at Cork ARC Cancer Support House to
provide maternity leave cover across all areas of service. This will include our core services offered to
clients along with the organisation’s fundraising function.
Contract Type: Specified Purpose Contract, Maternity Leave Cover
Hours: Full-time, Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Annual Leave: 8% of hours accrued
Salary: Salary dependent on skills and experience.
Start Date: Mid-late July
While the role requires a great deal of flexibility within their work, the core areas of responsibility
- Carry out general office administrative duties, such as diary management, filing, managing records, ad hoc letters, emails and/or text communications when required;
- Provide administrative support when necessary to the General Manager and Trustees;
- Ensure all daily activities are appropriately documented and carried out in accordance with best practice;
- Support the Director of Services and others in the preparation of reports and grant applications;
- Ensure that the daily monitoring of activities are recorded on the CRM system and that robust reporting procedures are in place so that services levels are records and that trends can be monitored;
- Work with the Director of Services and General Manager on the development of new services and the implementation of standards for service delivery;
- Assist with the development of Key Performance Indicators for all services and implement monitoring mechanisms;
- Assist with the provision and distribution of promotional, and educational material on services (both internally and externally as advised).
- Play a key role in ensuring the organisation’s compliance with GDPR by assisting with the review of policies and procedures as appropriate;
- Ensure that confidentiality is maintained at the highest possible level.
- Record all financial transactions and data and support the production of regular and ad-hoc report, ensuring the correct procedures are implemented and followed;
- Responsible for the management of petty cash on site;
- Assist with banking as required.
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Ensure appropriate documentation is completed prior to commencement such as application forms, Garda vetting, references;
- Creating files for new volunteers and keeping them up to date as appropriate;
- Management of volunteers;
- Organise and maintain volunteer files and rosters on a weekly basis. Data gathering of volunteer and input on database;
- Sourcing and costing of venues for training and events, including organisation of training programme material, attendance sheets, evaluation sheets, record keeping, issuing of training certificates and any other related activities as required.
Who we’re looking for:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills, both verbal and written;
- Efficient, highly organised, accurate with excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in the use of Microsoft Office suite of programs;
- Demonstrable skills in the use of databases;
- Self-directed with the proven ability to work independently with minimal direction;
- Positive attitude with a flexible approach that is able to handle diversity and manage complexities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in Salesforce;
- Ability to work in a busy office environment;
- Experience in managing the administrative function of a business, including financial and general administrative functions.
Requirements & Training:
- Garda Vetting Clearance will be required before start date
- Training & handover will be provided
How to apply:
Send your CV and cover note to email@example.com with ‘Administrator’ in the subject line.